17 July 2007

some random shots of island life


Here is a great picture of the sun setting behind jost, overlooking brewers bay (opposite side of our house). I pulled over to get this picture because of the sea is glowing in between jost and the other island (is that little jost van dyke?)
Jed and james having a peaceful playtime together.
this was a supposed "wild parrot" that showed up to oscar's one day. he was so wild i got him to eat out of my hand! he eventually flew down and landed on my shoulder! the kids were particularly impressed exclaiming "mom!you look like a pirate!" I'm not a big fan of parrots, but this guy was so cool that i was almost converted...almost...then he took a big chunk out of my finger! niiiice birdie! he hung out at oscars a few days and then flew off...presumably home.
This is a picture of matt's last day at oscar's. he did a great job and we were ALL very proud of him.

No comments: